Saturday, June 20, 2009

One "Dam" Cache (GCA0C2)

Cache #2 with Dad. After hurting my ankle and finding [Outside The Box] we decided to go back to the rim trail and follow the path to One "Dam" Cache. This was by far the longest hike I have gone on for a cache. Most of mine so far have been urban cache no more the a few hundred feet from the road. This one is about a mile into the trail.

I also learned a valuable lesson, don't count on having cell service while caching. I am using the iPhone app and I didn't save this cache so when I lost cell service I lost the cache, the good news is I found a spot with service long enough to download the cache information.

I really enjoyed the hike the brush was a little thick at times but all and all it was a perfect day for a hike. The hint says, it's just after a picnic table and we were just about to give up when we turned the corner and sure enough in the middle of no where there is a picnic table. From there is was relatively easy to find the cache. I picked up SpookDawg13's wooden nickel.

--Tom

0 comments:

Post a Comment