Saturday, June 13, 2009

Falling Waters (GCY871)

Today I took my 4 year old son Ethan with me. He was very excited to find the buried treasure. I think he thought it would be full of pirate gold or something. I explained to him that in order to take an item from the cache we had to put something in the cache. So we brought a carabiner with us and he insisted on calling it his gold then entire time we were out looking.

We had fun just hiking around and looking at the waterfall and taking some pictures. We even stopped to pick a rose for Mom.

After about a half hour I was about ready to give up, we parked on the opposite side of the falls from where we were so I told Ethan we would make one more pass along a trail behind the waterfall. I am glad we did because on along the trail we found the cache. Ethan started jumping up and down saying we found the treasure. He told me I was his best adventure buddy.

We signed the log and traded our carabiner a pack Star Wars trading cards. Ethan a is huge Star Wars fan so as soon as he saw the trading card he know that is what he wanted.

I am looking forward to taking him with me on future caches.

--Tom

1 comments:

wendy_d23 said...

that is pretty cool. So do you have to have an iphone and the application to do it?

Post a Comment