Saturday, July 18, 2009

Sumner Heritage Park (GCZRZQ)

Oli and I tried for six geocaches today but we didn't find this last one. This was my first attempt at a multi-cache. For those of you who don't know. A multi-cache is when you place a cache with directions to the actual cache. there can be lots of caches strung together before you get to the last actual cache. Sometimes it's mixed with a virtual cache like with this cache.


The corrdinates (N 47° 12.181 W 122° 14.516) on the cache lead me to this artwork with a waterfall behind it. They then give you some instructions (usually a math problem) to find the location of the final cache. Here is what I was asked to do:

Using the North reading N47° 12.181, count the number of plaques, divide by five (5), substract the entire number from the reading to get the reading of the cache. Ignore any decimal points when doing your figuring.

So I came up with (N 47° 12.95 W 122° 14.516) but I didn't count the larger plaques so maybe I was wrong. Either way by this point Oli was done and ready for lunch and nap. So we called it a day.

--Tom




UPDATE: August 27, 2009

So I have been driving by this cache almost daily after work to see if I could try to find the cache but there were just too many muggles so I never even got out of the car. Finally today I just got up early (4:45am) and when down before the train. I was able to quickly make the find. Needless to say my first attempt at the cords were way off.

--Tom

0 comments:

Post a Comment