Saturday, August 29, 2009

First City Want Ads (GCHH85)

This cache is a Mystery cache which means it could be anything but there is usually a puzzle to solve to get the final coordinates.

For this cache the description is the puzzle. The description is written in Klingon (from Star Trek) and you have to translate it to find the correct coordinates. Here is the original description:


So the translated description reads:

4 sale
slightly used warship
needs some repairs
6,000,000 OBO
must see
at
N 47° 09.887
W 122° 01.645

For anyone that is interested here is a link to the Klington alphabet.


We looked all over the "warship" and then started reading the recent logs on the cache. It seems multiple people have been unable to find this cache. The cache owner is going to go check on it to make sure it's still there. If it is there I will have to go back and find it.  2 of 4 caches on our trip with Jchaager.


--Tom


Update: July 13, 2010

I finally found it.  I have looked for this one a couple of times with no luck.  Sean emailed me last night and confirmed it was there so today I took the boys determined to find it.  When we got to the area there were lost of muggles so the boys and I walked over to Wally's for dinner to let everyone else clear out.  After dinner we quickly found the cache.  The problem was I forgot my pen in the car.  So I walked over to the car and signed the log.  Just as I was about to head back over to rehide it 2 teenage girls sat down right on top of where the cache was hidden.

Great I figured I could wait them out, so the boys and I headed to the park and played while we waited.  After 30 minutes they were still just sitting there talking, at 45 minutes I was about to walk over there and just act crazy until they left but another Dad showed up with 2 boys about my kids age so I figured it wouldn't look to good for me to go crazy on these teenage girls.  After an hour I was really ready to head home.  Finally the girls left and the other Dad was leaving so I was able to rehide the cache and head home.

--Tom 
Link to Geocaching Page


0 comments:

Post a Comment