Saturday, December 5, 2009

Have you read your Bible lately? (GC14H0Q)

The boys and I went out for a little geocaching trip to the neighborhood park. I am not really sure why we haven't found this one before it's only a mile from our house. Either way we did it today. It was freezing cold so I had the boys wear their winter coats.

This cache was a mystery cache that had to do with deciphering bible passages for those of you who know me you know I don't even own a bible little lone am I able to quote from it. But Google is my friend and I figured I could guess my way through the clues. Luckily, the cache owners had just changed this cache to only have one passages to decipher instead of the 3 or 4 that it use to be.

I was able to figure out the passage was JOHN 3:16 "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son,[a] that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." But that didn't help my any. I was suppose to take the verse, derive a, b, c, d, & e and plug into the following coordinates: N 47 11.ab(c+6) W 122 10.0(d+7)(e-2) whatever that means. Based off where I was and the hint about walking on water I guessed the geocaching was under a nearby walking bridge.

Thank God for lucky guesses or we might still be out there figuring out how to decipher the clues.

Anyway it was a good hide and a nice little bridge. Ethan was a pouting because Oliver got to hold the cache container for the picture, Kids :-)

--Tom

0 comments:

Post a Comment